Grasping The King of The believers
This article is based more on a religious concept rather than an article on a standard topic, it is based on Title ‘’Amir -ul - Mumeeneen’’, is a title I have been hearing and have constantly been subject to discussions between the sectarian forms of Islam.
Over the years I have pondered on this and wanted to share something that hit my mind very deeply on the night and as a result. I will break it down for those who seek a way to see it through it.
What is the Amir -ul - Mumeeneen. the title itself is not in the Quran at all but rather a concept which emerges afterwards, it is a post title that was given to individuals after the reign of Islamic power. I will show how it is present in various religions if you are able to see it is just a title , rather than an actual person.
* Shia - Imam Ali as the Amir - ul -mumeen.
* Sunni - The prophet Muhammad himself
* Khalifat System as umer Umar ibn Khattab
* Aga Khan is the Title of the Sectarian form of an ‘’Amir -ul - mumeeneen’’
* Jesus Christ himself was the King / Commander of believers but keep in mind jesus christ himself was not Christian but that will be elaborated on further.
Jewish / Israelite Universe
* Moses was the leader of the Israelites hence the King hence the Amir of the people but when he left his brother Aaron / Haroon with the Israelites , Haroon became the Amir of the people when Moses was away.
* Prophetess Miriam was The Queen of the Women believers leading them with Moses and Haroon.
* Abraham / Ibraheem - As the faith leader of his time
* (Ibraheem / ismial and Isaq as a trio if seen as one sysytem)
* Moses / Mushe / Musa - as the Leader of his time along with his brother Aaron / Haroon
* King David / Daud as the King of believers
* King Solomon / Sulayman as a King of believers
In essence, the Amir -ul - Mumeeneen are the prophets themselves as the commander of believers if you reside in the quranic universe. It depends on which universe you reside in to figure out who your commander is. In the end, one must realise that it is a title, rather than a definite article, and in my understanding, God himself has to be the amir ul mumineen as he is the first and last.
I struggled to grasp this as a youngster because they all spoke of their whims and different sectarian forms of religious associations, as I result in I referred back to the Quran and found nothing at all except that if there is an amir ul mumeneen then its GOD Almighty himself and who he dictates as his viceroy would be the amir ul muemeneedn on earth. It's a unique attachment, never found in the scripture itself but rather an inaction of a leader/ Imam figure. Al Mahdi is of a similar concept which I shall elaborate on as a title in further articles.
God almighty is the true commander and king, in essence, and simple truth God almighty is the King/commander of the believers in all ages/moments/years and all universes.
Exacalted is God Almighty the True King.
Afzal: Servant of God: King of all Universes.
Inspired by -Quran : فَتَعَـٰلَى ٱللَّهُ ٱلۡمَلِكُ ٱلۡحَقُّۖ لَاۤ إِلَـٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ رَبُّ ٱلۡعَرۡشِ ٱلۡكَرِیمِ : So exalted is God, the King, the Truth; there is no deity except Him, Lord of the Noble Throne.
-Quran : هُوَ ٱللَّهُ ٱلَّذِى لَآ إِلَـٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ ٱلْمَلِكُ ٱلْقُدُّوسُ ٱلسَّلَـٰمُ ٱلْمُؤْمِنُ ٱلْمُهَيْمِنُ ٱلْعَزِيزُ ٱلْجَبَّارُ ٱلْمُتَكَبِّرُ ۚ سُبْحَـٰنَ ٱللَّهِ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ ٢٣ : He is God , other than whom there is no deity, the King, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller, the Superior. Exalted is God almighty above whatever they associate with Him.
Older Scipture References
-Jeremiah 10:10- But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath, the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.
-Psalm 24 : 10 -Who is he, this King of glory? The LORD Almighty— he is the King of glory.
Majlesi, Bahar al-Anwar, Vol. 37, P. 339, hadith 81
Photo by Xyz Shoot on Unsplash