The human condition is fleeting in so many ways, from what you eat to what you look at, to even the events that you go through, they all seem to pass away, I am not sure where they go but they do go away. I would say they get lodged into our memories. Essentially, we are just making memories constantly then we can never go back to but will fade away.
I am not saying that this is the truth, and I am not claiming this is false either, I am saying that everyone will one day experience this stage, this stage of how everything seems to just pass away, and whatever emotions, feelings, hatred, and passion you have now will all pass and become your history, it almost like we end up being a witness to our past constantly. A neutral witness over all our memories, fellings and events of life.
The list below is a few examples of our temporary nature of us as humans.
* That exam pressure you facing.
* That butterfly feeling you get when you see what you like.
* You finally figured it out and reached your destination.
* The struggles you make with those who hate you.
* One day you will be over the moon and reach your goal and then the next day be searching for another one.
* The loss you made in your business this year.
* The profit you made in your business this year.
* The friend who became an enemy.
* The epic sale that you made
* The enemy became a friend.
* The breakfast you had.
* The invigorating conversation.
* Situations that fall apart and then fix themselves again.
* Compliments that boost you up.
* Insults that put you down.
* The sale that was lost
* The Mondays turn into Fridays.
* the Fridays that disappear and become Mondays.
* The days into nights, the nights into days.
* The boredom at work on slow days.
* the false promises people make.
* Completing Work out at the gym
* The sunny days
* The cold days
* The cup of coffee
It’s not only the good times but even the bad times that will all pass away, What friends will you love and which enemies will you hate when they will perish too along with yourself? How can you hold on to any compliments or any insults in the end as they too will pass? It’s like we are constantly moving forward slow or fast it’s constant and it just keeps going day after day, night after night.
Life is not only them going but constantly in motion, today, tomorrow, next year, and entire centuries went into the past, the forward trajectory of life leaving the snail trail of the past in distant memories that can’t be visited but only seen in your imagination. Entire generations gone in the wind too, Civilisations destroyed and entire nations finished.
I’m not saying that only positive experiences fade away but the negative ones fade away too, your first insult, heartbreak, meeting oppressive people, and your losses all faded away into a distant memory, it sort of makes sense why they say time heals all wounds...
What will you hold on to when everything fades, what will you fight for when everything is gone, what will you prize when it’s all faded away? What do you want to own in the end when it all perishes away? do you want to be the richest person in the grave? Do you think you are going to live forever? Do you want to idolise those who have already died?
How can we be so deluded that it shall stay fixed, it all changes constantly and In the end, everything fades away. What friends will you love and which enemies will you hate when they will perish too along with yourself? Even to the end, they struggle for good into bad and bad into good, One day you shall see your self the hero and on another stage the enemy.
It doesn’t matter if it's positive or negative, that too shall passway. it is all fleeting and in the end, one deeply learns the lesson: life goes on with or without you.
In the end, my brothers and sisters the show must go on as only change and death are the universal truths of this fleeting life. Despite my deepest love for life, I still feel hatred towards its fleeting nature.
I am also glad in a deep way that things end and that there is an end to this life, who in the right mind would want to live forever? waking up early, getting to work, earning money, dealing with people we don't care about, in what universe would I want eternal life but that's the beauty of it, its all we have, once it's gone it is all over, which makes to so much dear to us to experience in total surrender and goodness.
I know you have probably come across the saying that nothing last forever, let me tell you it's true, nothing does last forever, everything else is just this extra on top. when it's not there its back to nothing / square one.
Afzal: Servant of God Almighty: The Witness over All.
-Quran 5: - let not this present life delude you.
-Quran 29:64 This worldly life is no more than play and amusement. But the Hereafter is indeed the real life if only they knew.
-Quran: 40:39. O, my people, this worldly life is only enjoyment, and indeed, the Hereafter - that is the home of settlement.
* -‘’ Remember that man lives only in the present, in this fleeting instant; all the rest of his life is either past and gone or not yet revealed.’’ Meditations, Marcus Aurelius.
* - “Gam zeh ya'avor" (Hebrew: גַּם זֶה יַעֲבֹר, gam zeh yaavor), "this too shall pass."
* - Eccesliastices - it's all vanities / feeling vanities.
* - Pslam 39 - "Show me, O LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life.
* - James: 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life like? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”
* - Bagwatgita: The pleasures that arise from contact with the sense objects, though appearing as enjoyable to worldly-minded people, are verily a source of misery. O son of Kunti, such pleasures have a beginning and an end, so the wise do not delight in them. ( the temporary nature of life and its sense of limited desires)